Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Kronikare offers parental care, hospice and palliative care services to patients suffering from chronic illnesses such as Diabetes, Cancer, Heart disease, Paralysis and Osteoporosis, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease etc. and for patients suffering from age related illnesses (Geriatric care). In the first phase these services will be provided to greater Pune and Bengaluru area which will be extended to other metros such as Hyderabad, Chennai, New Delhi and Mumbai.
Feel free to Contact Us if there are few questions that are still unanswered.
When you or your loved one faces a life limiting illness, you may feel like losing control on life. This is when you need somebody to take care of you and give the support to enable you to fulfill your wishes and receive the type of quality care you want. Hospice is a philosophy of care that focuses on life and living every moment to the fullest.
It is said that life ends when you stop dreaming. Hope ends when you stop believing and love ends when you stop caring. Hospice is the way to help you to continue to dream, believe and care. Kronikare professionals will help you by enhancing your quality of life by managing symptoms and controlling pain. Our experienced and knowledgeable professionals will help you look at the brighter side of life to ensure that your goals are fulfilled. We will provide you not only the necessary medical care but also an array of resources to help you with your emotional and spiritual needs.
Our team of professionals will include physicians, nurses, social workers, spiritual counselors, hospice aides and grief counselors. Our people are trained and certified in the end-of-life care. By working with your Doctor/Physician/Surgeon, we will develop a plan of care to effectively manage your pain and symptoms. This will allow you to use more time with your family and friends. Along with you, we will also help your care givers by providing them a much sought-after break.
Kronikare will offer these services at your home. So you can enjoy the comfort of your “Home, sweet home” and spend most of your time with your loved ones. Kronikare professionals will be available at your doorsteps as and when you need them. If you are looking for 24X7 Support, our professionals will stay at your home overnight as part of your family. Along with the expert care we will provide complimentary services such as music, movies, books, 'Praanaayaam', 'Yoga', Aroma therapy, Reiki and massage therapy.
Kronikare is pleased to offer hospice and palliative care services to patients suffering from chronic illnesses such as Diabetes, Cancer, Heart disease, Paralysis and Osteoporosis, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease etc. and for patients suffering from age related illnesses (geriatric care).
Kronikare also provides parental care services for senior citizens. Typical service offering includes services such as:
Companionship and house-keeping services:
- Be available as a friendly companion
- Maintain and follow medication schedule as recommended by patient’s Doctor/Physician/Surgeon
- Maintain register of Doctor/Physician/Surgeon visits and calls
- Buy grocery and buy and/or prepare food as necessary
- Help with house-keeping and cleaning
- Help with professional laundry
Personal care and hygiene services:
- Bathing and/or sponging as recommended
- Help with toilet related needs
- Cleaning of uncontrolled discharges and general assistance with keeping up with the hygiene
- Maintain safety provisions in the bathrooms and toilets to minimize the probability of accidents due to slippages
Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease related care services:
- Help maintain the emotional balance during mood swings
- Positive talk and help with entertainment devices such as internet, television and audio systems
- Develop and maintain schedules to upkeep with the up and down times based upon the medication cycles
- Help and support the mobility of patients
Access to Medical and Emergency services:
- Maintain the directory of phone numbers to dial in case of an emergency such as fire brigade/police/ambulance
- Keep a directory of on-call Doctor/Physician/Surgeon and Nurses
- Regular and periodic status update to Doctor/Physician/Surgeon
- Access to the drugs/injections to be used in case of an emergency
- Make necessary arrangements with hospitals in case of emergency
Record keeping and reporting services:
- Maintain records of Doctor/Physician/Surgeon and Nurse visits
- Maintain records of medications and dosages
- Maintain record of food and other intakes
- Report critical parameters on periodic basis to Doctor/Physician/Surgeon
Emotional support services:
- Develop good rapport as a friend, with the patient and his/her care givers
- Identify interests and inclinations and develop communication strategy
- Be a good listener
- Read self-help books to instill positive thoughts
- Follow patients likings such as watching soccer or cricket matches or certain types of movies and music
- Help during emotional outbursts
- Be vigilant at times to help curb emotional break-downs
- Share positive experiences of patients who were cured from similar situations
- Develop communication on topics related to patient's childhood and adulthood
- Develop unique style and pattern of incidental jokes with the patient
- Fill the void created by the death or separation of loved ones
Spiritual support services:
- Facilitate visit to self-help seminars and lectures
- Develop and maintain a routine for prayer
- Facilitate visits to Temples, Mosques, Churches, Gurudwaras depending upon the situation and Doctor/Physician/Surgeon approval
- Facilitate meetings and telephone calls with religious priests and gurus
- Facilitate reading of religious literature to develop confidence and positive thinking
Kronikare is committed to offer world class hospice and palliative care services at affordable cost. Every patient at Kronikare is unique and so will need a unique set of services. Upon your request (received through the contact us form), Kronikare professional will meet with you to assess your specific needs and based upon which a service offering will be designed. We offer our services as FIxed fee model as well as Time and Material model. In the Fixed fee model, Kronikare will provide services for a fixed fee for a fixed duration. Kronikare will offer different payment terms to suit your requirements. In the Time and Material model, Kronikare will bill you based upon the number of hours of services offered to you.
Kronikare is pleased to provide you online payment option such that you can schedule automatic payments and don't ever miss a payment. Kronikare provides various payment options such as Online Payment using leading credit and debit cards, internet banking. These would be available in next few days.
Kronikare is working on providing options such that you should be able to make payments in foreign currencies such as USD, EURO and GBP as well.
Some insurance plans may cover certain in-home care services. Kronikare professionals will assess your individual needs and propose a care program to suit your needs. It is when Kronikare professionals will provide the necessary help you review the services with your insurance provider for availability and extent of the coverage for your specific needs.
Kronikare is pleased to offer you different service offerings to suit your individual needs. Based upon the assessment by Kronikare professionals and review with your Doctor/Physician/Surgeon, Kronikare will propose a term and a payment plan for the service contract. Typical length of the contract varies from 2 months to 6 months. After 6 months Kronikare will assess and review the needs of the patient and may revise the service offering as necessary.
Please feel to write to us if you have any other questions or if you have any feedback.